Great Facts in Obscure Internet History: One Year Ago Today

One year ago today the first Welcome to Pixelton webcomic was posted. I was really nervous to hear what people might think, and to be honest, if anyone would care at all…

Since then over 250,000 pages of steaming hot comic goodness have been delivered and in the process I’ve met some of the kindest comic-reading folks out there. We’ve shared stories, art, ideas and heartfelt emotions in a way that I’ve found very humbling to say the least.

Thank you. Thank you for reading, thank you for telling your friends, and thank you for subscribing. It means very much to me.

I’ve learned so much over the past year, but I’ve really touched the surface of the stories I want to share.
Pixelton is a fun world and I haven’t been doing it justice. So in the coming weeks I’m going to be relaunching the site, adding all of the items you’d like (comics, movies, games), and many exciting features I haven’t seen in a web comic before. As always, this is your comic too so let me know what works and what doesn’t. We all win with more comics and better content.

What I’m most happy about is that the Welcome to Pixelton choose your own graphic novel is growing by the day, and it is the best work I’ve ever done. If you enjoy these mini-adventures you will certainly love them on an epic scale where your decisions matter. And the fact both can co-exist so well has truly shocked me.

(And keep an eye out over the next few days as I release free Pixelton themed prizes for stopping by…)

Happy One Year Anniversary residents of Pixelton!

Bowing at your greatness,

7 insightful ideas to “Great Facts in Obscure Internet History: One Year Ago Today”

I’ve really been enjoying Pixelton so far, I hope we’ll get to see more of the island’s video-games-made-everyday theme :P

Also, I admire the level of detail you put into the strips, with all the full-colour scenes with fancy backgrounds. I only have 2 other webcomics in my watchlist that do that level of detail. :)

2. AvatarMr Pitiful

Ya it pretty much rocks.

3. Avatarnate "the aruably" great

As your first fan (cheating by association, of course) let me say that it has been a great year. If I added up all the moments of happiness the strip has given me while bored at work, I have at least one entire day full of fun (if not more) – it’s like my own vacation to pixelton, one installment at a time.

Keep up the good work my friend. Can’t wait to see the revamped site (though this one is working just fine).

4. AvatarPortable Josh

Thanks guys! :D Here’s to a rockstar new year of comics.

(Btw, I’m at a beach in the north shore of Hawaii right now. I brought toy Kirby with me so I’ll have tropic adventure pics very soon!)

5. AvatarCap'n Nobeard

Happy birthday!

(B-|)~

6. AvatarDarren J. Gendron

Congratulations on the 1-year mark. You might even be as pirate-obsessed as me.
    And I want to know which conventions you’ll be attending this year.

7. AvatarJoshie McFarkas the III

Thanks everyone! Back from Hawaii and now very very burnt.

And appreciate the thoughts Darren, maybe we should have a Pirate-off? (Not sure how this works but I believe it involves doubloons) As for conventions I’ll probably only hit Wizard Chicago this year and maybe SPACE in Ohio this summer.

Once the big book is out I’m going to be such a major whore that I’ll be sleeping in convention halls to save cash. :D How about you?

Does anyone else here recommend any conventions to check out?