November 29th, 2007

Career Change – Tales from a Mud Pit – Pt 10

Thanks so much for reading! When I am voted king I will employ you as my ninjas. Doesn’t free will give us this sacred freedom?

Today’s Comic Superstar: Middlerun! Not only has Middlerun been really fun to “hang” with in the comments, he houses a secret cartoon ability which he lets loose on his blog ModRocker.net. Comics are deceptively hard (in my opinion) but Middlerun nails the humor with beautiful style. My hat is off to you sir!

Inked Page:

comic inked page sample template

Colour page: (Hey look – I’m classy now!)

colorized pixleton page template

Hidden Comic Message: No. Seriously this time. I may pop back in to update a few things in this strip that bother me and then add one, but right now no.

Coming in December: One Kirby per Day. This Week’s Inspiration: Sleep. Or the promise thereof.

And please sign up for the RSS if you enjoy what you see. It is FREE and EASY and I will dance around like a happy monkey. I promise.

Drowning in yummy marmalade,

18 insightful ideas to “Career Change – Tales from a Mud Pit – Pt 10”

I sense an ending drawing near. At last the unicorn horn has come into play, perhaps for the last time. Sorry, I just felt like sounding dramatic.
    The close up of the butterfly was not what I expected but it was great and I’d just like to know where they all got their matching hats?

2. Avatarbug

From mythic plot device #43: bad guys in uniforms.

So what IS the butterfly’s name, then? And which celebrities do these leaves look like? THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO KNOW THESE THINGS, JOSH!!!

Also, this comic was totally worth the wait.

Hey, a strip to call my own – thanks Josh!

This arc keeps getting better. That butterfly cracked me up.

5. AvatarCap'n Nobeard

Hooray! A butterfly that looks like Bruce Campbell! … Well, maybe just a bit. … Ok, so it doesn’t look anything like Bruce Campbell. Anyhoo, I bet the tree comes out looking lik-… Ok, ok, I won’t spoil it for you, but I’ll bet it’ll be something like… And there’d be…. And then it’ll… Yeah.

(B-|)~

You guys rock. Every comment made me laugh.

To Felonious’ point I think I have an obsession with tiny hats for animals. When working on the book (which is themed around a hat) and an animation (also around hats) I realized I may have a problem.

Bug: Gah! Someone noticed. Burns comic. Hides in bushes. Great thinking!

Harlequin: Thanks! Oh, and celebrity leaves all look like Bono from U2 but their heads explode come fall.

Middlerun: :D

Cap’n: I do so love your comments. Thank you for them. And you have as much clue as I do what will happen next regarding the tree that may or may not be Bruce Campbell.

I’m gonna guess that he’s gonna summon that girl from the ring with the TV and have her fight the Tree… IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE!

8. AvatarCap'n Nobeard

No, the girl from The Ring has been destroyed by an even more sinister creature. Click and see. The horror… The… Horror…

my god……. if those tests are right, then we’re all doomed…..

10. AvatarNicki

To Cap’n: oh my goodness! i kinda feel sorry for her now…

great comic Josh! And im really glad that you didnt tell us where the bird stashed the boob tube…i can sleep well tonight

Holy moly, the teletubby image freaked me out.

Reminds me of this funny clip I saw yesterday
    about “Where’s Waldo”:

Thanks Nicki! :D

12. Avatarndogg550

Ok, this is a week late, but DAMN, that Waldo video is hilarious.

13. trackback trackback:
    Brandon Colker

Brandon Colker…

Career Change – Tales from a Mud Pit – Pt 10 | Kirby Comic Book | Welcome to Pixelton…

14. trackback trackback:
    freedom mentor

freedom mentor…

15. AvatarGilda

The lack of this publicity contributes directly to the amount of the population that watches
    other sports instead of soccer. Then he added a ton of third-and-mediums and third-and-longs.
    Learn to be aware of your intuition, and you will get better over time.

16. AvatarHai

Perhaps you had a fragmented family and never experienced consistency
    in your early years. This is a competitive advantage for sports betting businesses because the options that it gives are
    more than what anybody expects. Look inside the records for
    more information before placing your soccer bets.

17. Avataryoutube converter

You can obtain software from online stores or media stores.
    This technique helps you get your video(s) on the first pages of Youtube for various categories…This technique requires planning and a
    little work to pull off, but it’s well worth it. It’s because some
    people don’t know the value of it, or people just don’t want to spend money for it.

18. AvatarVince

The equipments of the poker games can be bought individually.
    Reconsider playing at high limits Before you dive into such approach, make sure that
    your skills can cope with it. Of course you will not find the pros at $20 buy-in level in a small casino but in a large poker room with $200
    buy-in players of top calibre are certainly present and give every one a
    chance to measure up their game against the strong competition.