November 9th, 2007

Career Change – My Buddy & Me – Pt 9

* * * * ½ 6 Nice Folks Voted

Thanks so much for reading! When I am voted king I will build you each a nuclear arsenal. Then we can play.

And please sign up for the RSS if you enjoy what you see. It is FREE and EASY and I will dance around like a happy monkey. I promise.

Today’s Comic Superstar: that_dude! Now of all the regular posters around these woods, that_dude one of the most intriguing names because it means less than nothing. It is combines two words into a new word which gives me less then I had before. But luckily, that_dude’s comments are the exact opposite. I really appreciate your thoughts and kind words Mr.dude. And remember to comment kiddo’s otherwise I’ll have to start thanking inanimate objects. And if you know me at all – I WILL.

Inked page:
Funny comic inked page

Color Page:
Color comic page

Hidden Comic Message: Yup.

This Week’s Inspiration: Taylor Mali is God.

Tarantulas of compassion,

13 insightful ideas to “Career Change – My Buddy & Me – Pt 9”

I see Kirby is using the art of Zen to fight the tree, perhaps he will end up a bit like Bruce Lee after all!
    And did I see correctly, two Cornmuffins or is one just an evil doppelganger?
    Great artwork on the tree, that panel’s one of my favourites that you’ve done.

He doesn’t need Zen to stop the tree thinking. He only needs a TV showing Fox News.

I think I found the secret message. It’s a tattoo on Kirby’s leg that professes his love for salmon. I think…

Kirby raises a valid point. The tree would be around to hear it if he made a noise when he fell, unless of course he left and fell later while he wasn’t around to hear himself falling. Or something. I’m sleepy.

And I would have commented on the WONDERFUL news about the store, but I had to solve a murder mystery on my home planet. That or try to schedule a bunch of job interviews thanks to the stupid place I work for getting bought out. But the home planet bit is way more interesting.

Felonious: Thanks sir! I’m learning to give in to my need to overcomplicate every panel.

The other little squirrel has been downplayed, but he’s been running around since the beginning with Cornmuffin and the Butterfly (though that isn’t the butterfly’s name). I believe I named the other squirrel Velociraptor. Methinks Velociraptor doesn’t have the ambition to brown-nose past mediocrity unlike our friend Mr. Cornmuffin. :)

HA, HA, HA – Middlerun you just called next week’s strip! They were going to pull out a TV and offer it as a final sacrifice. Who knows if it will happen though as I tend to change my mind on the punchline while drawing.

And you hit the nail on the head with the secret message too. Each week Kirby professes his love for salmon. Somehow salmon never responds only prolonging the heartbreak.

How…how many fingers am I holding up right now Middlerun? [ghost chills of fear]

The hidden messages are probably impossible without Photoshop to be honest. :D

Home planet? Take me to this planet so I may mine its’ precious resources of humor. No more Zen jokes for me!

Sorry about the job news Harlequin. Hope things settle down so you can solve murder mysteries on terra firma. (You wouldn’t happen to work for LaSalle Bank would you? Just wondering…)

6. AvatarTK

Wow, ok. I do read the comic. I’m not sure why. Perhaps the juxtaposition of horribly horribly wrong with cute little forest creatures keeps me transfixed. Or maybe it’s just the bright shiny colors. Shiiiiiiiiineyyyyyyy…….

But there’s something about that tree that is the wrongest of the wrong. Perhaps even worse than the fate of the poor unicorn. But now, it’s morning and I’m awake and there is not a drop of caffeine in my body, a situation that must be corrected.

does a tree make a noise if it falls in the woods? the answer can be solved with a simple proverb from a wise man

“It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip ‘em the bird.”

what does this mean? that if a tree falls, only 4 muscles will be able to save the birds….. poor birds….
    oh, and WHEE! i got a comic thanked to me. but i would prefer if you thanked sporks. without them, we would have to eat like civilized people, and thats wrong.

9. Avatarlarnman

Every damn day I check this, and there will be nothing new, then I miss one day, and end up being the asshole to post ninth!

I think it was 12, but they were fish fingers which was quite sneaky. The box said “One dozen” but you might have eaten some to trick me.

that_dude, larnman, and Middlerun – awesome guys.

I LOL’d at all of your comments. And I hate the whole LOL thing, but I did, so you win!

[*Hat-trick achievement unlocked*]

12. AvatarZeekRewards

I am often to blogging and i really recognize your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for brand new information.

13. AvatarClarisonic Skin Care Products

Body scrubs are one of the easiest homemade
    beauty products to make. It might just be a case of trial and error, if nothing seems to work speak to your dermatologist for any advice or try a
    different acne skin care product. It becomes difficult
    to treat these scars and therefore acne must be treated with the help of oral drugs and topical creams
    and lotions.